- 51:24 hours cruising
- 77.2 miles covered
- 18 days cruising, 12 days moored
- 39 locks
- 5 Tunnels including Harcastle, Froghall and Leek tunnels
Power required for electric propulsion
- 1,017 watt hours per hour cruised
- 677 watt hours per mile cruised
(Real world figures for the electric propulsion on Firecrest over the month of June)
- Propulsion 52kWhrs (25%)
- Domestic 160kWhrs (75%)
- Total 212kWhrs
Sources of electricity
- Solar Panels 93kWhrs (44%) (nearly twice what we used for our electric propulsion)
- Genset 119kWhrs (56%)
- Genset run hours 16
Note: Cruising time is based on time from unmooring to starting to moor up. It excludes stops for water and fuel, but includes waiting for locks and sitting in locks waiting for them to fill or empty.
We have had two new solar panels delivered to Firecrest. One is now fitted to the roof, but neither are yet connected so are not yet adding to our solar power.
As I write this it is now 12 days since we ran our generator and our batteries are still at 60% so there is no need for us to run it again for a few more days. – Brillient.